Your decision to accept Yeshua the Messiah as your saviour resulted to the following:
1. You have become the CHILD of God
Romans 8:15,16 For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father. The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children.
2. You are now a NEW CREATION
2 Cor. 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in the Messiah, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!
3. You have been born again, so you have a NEW LIFE
Eph 2:3-5 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Yeshua the Messiah, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in the Messiah. For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Yeshua the Messiah, in accordance with his pleasure and will.
GROWI'H IS THE EVIDENCE OF THE NEW LIFE IN YOU!
Having a new life, you are to establish new patterns of behavior. When a baby is born in the natural, it will die unless its parents take care of it. It is also true about your spiritual life.If you feed it, you will grow, if you neglect it, it will die. God has already started something in your life, He wants to complete it..
YOUR NEXT STEP IS TO GROW
1. GROW IN YOUR NEW LIFE, LIKE A NEW BORN BABY - Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual mi.1k, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation 1Pet 2:2
2. Growth should be towards becoming like Yeshua - And we know that inall things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness ofhis Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. Rom 8:28-29
3. Our Heavenly Father eagerly looks at our development toward maturity. So we must be conscious of God's working to mature us daily - being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion:UD.til the day of the Messiah Yeshua Phil 1:6
May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Yeshua the Messiah. The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it. 1Thes 5:23-24
4. God provides what a believer needs for growth
His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. 2 Pet 1:3
PERSONAL DISCIPLINES FOR SPIRITUAL GROWTH
1. STUDY AND MEDITATION OF GOD'S WORD - The Scripture is our Spiritual food. Growth is in direct proportion to our increasing knowledge of God's Word.
1Pet 2:2 Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation
Matt 4:4 Yeshua answered, It is written:'Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'
2. PRAYBR & COM:MUNION WITH GOD -Prayer can be likened to our breathing.So prayer is a two way communication. We talk to God, God talks to us.The people who listen to God will have a God that listens to them.
Pro.1:2,-31 to show that there should be two way communication between God and the believer.
3. OBEDIENCE TO THE HOLY SPIRIT - God expects us to live a the Messiah like life. But we can't do this on our own. So God gave us the Holy Spirit to enable us. We need to yield to the Holy Spirit to be victorious and continually change. Change happens through our obedience to the voice of the Holy Spirit.
Gal5:16 So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature.
Start these disciplines for growth early in your