1. The Holy Scriptures are consistently the world's best seller.
2. The Holy Scriptures are originally written in the Hebrew language according to the eye witnesses of Yeshua's time. The early translations were in Syriac (in Hebrew called Aramit אֲרָמִ֔ית) and Greek. The Apostles were settelers in Galilee and picked up an accent of the Syrians, also called the Samaritans but the Jews did not deal with them. The Jewish language not only according to Flavius Josephus is without any doubt Hebrew and is also called their "native tongue". German Theologans have for a long time discredited this fact, but the Holy Bible tells us to believe the eye witnesses only. There will always be many that speak against something in the bible the proof is the real eye witnesses and not any "title" like Professor or Doctor of something else of a claim or gossip. Keep it like the Apostle Paul [KJV] 2 Corinthians 2:17 For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ. (corrupt: or, deal deceitfully with)(in Christ: or, of Christ) If you want to know more click here The Scripture is the revealation of GOD that has been translated into more languages than any other book. 1 Thessalonians 2:13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when you received the word of God which you heard of us, you received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.
3. The Holy Scriptures are the most persecuted text ever. Many tried to destroy it or change it like the Roman Church that collected Hebrew texts and translated them into Greek and Latin trying to dominate with their own language forbidding their followers to read it without a priest. Then they were burning, banning and with other methods trying to get rid of the Hebrew originals. Still the bible found its way into the hearts of many and into their homes, hospitals and other institutions.
Nowadays the Gospels of Matthew, Mark and John are available translated from their original Hebrew language revived by George Howard (not my favourite because of some mistakes), Hugh J. Schonfield, William Horbury and Justin J. Van Rensburg with a great and holy work.
Still also these texts, as they are from a source of highly blessed Messianic believers that had a 7 fold revelation about the creation according to the prophecy of Enoch, these texts must have a real foundation but only copies are left that are partly from polemical defence of Jews against catholic church. Where the messianic believers made Spain rich the economic collapse of the Spanish empire was great when Isabella de Castillio banned them from Sepharad and España. on the 9th of Av 1492. It is believed that these especially blessed Messianic believers have a lot of documents even from Qumran as they could be Essenes that fled more than 1400 Years ago from Israel with their faith in Yeshua and spread the Gospel everywhere. (Act 8:1)
|For the moment I can recomment the Power New Testament because it takes care of Wordpuns Idioms and other poetry of Hebrew even based on Greek translations it is a must for a Gourmet Soul|
Do you need a computer Bible? My recommendation is the Davar Computer Study tool. This Study tool has many possibilities of search and many Bible modules to add all for free.
4. The Holy Scriptures are the oldest writings in the world since from Qumran the testaments of of the Patriarchs were found. Adam, Seth, Enos, Kenan, Mahalaleel, Jared, Enoch, Methusalah, Lamech, Noah, Shem all are still kept and still available and are to be translated. More over from the line the kept the holy language will be translated that are Arphaxad, Selah, Eber, Peleg, Reu, Serug, Nahor, Terah, Abraham, Isaak, Jakob, Reuben, Simeon, Levi, Judah, Issachar, Zebulon, Dan, Naphtali, Gad, Asher, Joseph, Benjamin and from those that had the service of the Ark Kohat, Amram and Aaron These patriarchs have left their writings and are in databases in the Bar Ilan and the Hebrew University and the "Qumran Project" and downloaded to translators ready to be revealed. So the message of these holy scriptures are fascinating and applicable to modem times. It gives answers to the greatest questions that man asks through generations: "Where do I came from?',
"Where do I go?",
"Why am I here?"
"Who am I?"
These facts tell us that the Scripture is not an ordinary writing.
1. The Holy Scriptures are God's written revelations to man through the process called inspiration. Many different people wrote the Scripture by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit:
(2Tim 3:16) All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness.
2. The Holy Scriptures have one central theme - Even though the Scripture is made up of 70 books of which 5 are songbooks. Its central theme is: THE GLORY OF GOD and HIS REDEMPTION PLAN FOR MANKIND. This theme is developed through all the Tanakh (Bible) (TaNaKh is a Messiannic word. It comes from Torah, Nebiim, Ketuvim that is Mose, the Prophets and the writings) from Mose to Maleachi and even to Revelation.
The Tanakh (Old Testament), tells of GOD's work of raising up a nation through which Yeshua, the Son of GOD the Redeemer will come forth. The Brit HaDashah (New Testament) tells about the birth, life, ministry,
substitutionary death on the cross and resurrection from the dead of
Yeshua the Messiah, the Son of God the Redeemer.
3. The greatest promise for you in the Holy Scriptures is
John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
To think - that with Jesus is true is not enough the minimum action is to tell it to someone.
(2TIM 3:15) ...you have known the holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Yeshua the Messiah.
(EPH 2:8) For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God.
(ROM 3:22-24) This righteousness from God comes through faith in Yeshua the Messiah to all who believe. There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by the Messiah Yeshua.
(ROM 9:30-32) What then shall we say? That the Gentiles, who did not pursue righteousness, have obtained it, a righteousness that is by faith; but Israel, who pursued a law of righteousness, has not attained it. Why not? Because they pursued it not by faith but as if it were by works. They stumbled over the "stumbling stone."
(ACT 15:9) [KJV] Acts 15:8+9 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us; And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith. Observe that in the Old Testament the same Holy Ghost was given to the prophets as here to the Apostles and Gentiles.
(GEN 15:6) Abram believed יהוה YEHOVA , and he credited it to him as righteousness.
2. God's word further teaches the believer how to live for God. To be a Messianic believer or in Roman terms "Christian" (a follower of the Messiah Yeshua) is not just having a religion. It's having a living relationship with the Holy GOD like the Prophets of old time. Thus a Messianic believer ought to live a holy life as "Yehova" God tells it.
(2PE 1:3,4) His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so tlfat through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.
(PSA 119:9-11) How can a young man keep his way pure? By living according to your word. I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands. I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you. Also you can keep HIS commands in your heart as King David did. The ten Commandments in Exodus 20 can keep you from sin. Many times when Yeshua was asked about eternal life, the answer was: "Keep the Commandments"
Luke 18:18 And a certain ruler asked him, saying, Good Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life? 19 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none good, save one, , God. 20 You know the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honour your father and your mother. ...
As we see Yeshua tells us things from the Old Testament where then is the difference between the old and the new Testament??? Actually there is no difference only the time. All will be saved by Yeshua the Son of GOD. But some may say the beginning of the Gospel is the New Testament. Well have a deeper look into the matter. Rabbi Sha'ul (Apostle Paul) writes that the Gospel was preached to the Jews in the dessert. (Hebrews 4) and also it says in Mark 1:1 The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. Still this is amistake put in by the Romans into the biblical text and apart from this the Hebrew manuscripts read: “This is the Gospel of Yeshua Mashiach, the son of Eloah.” There is nothing of a beginning and anyway the Gospel is eternal. Also remember you are plugged into the native olive tree, meaning you are now nourished by the guidance of the scriptures from old time.
Through the Scripture, God communicates to man His loving plan of salvation at any time of earth. God saw to it that this plan is given in the written form so we can be certain about the way of salvation and go on it.